Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 94--May 4. 2015

It's May Already!?!?!?!?! Where has all the time gone? It is so crazy to me that May is already here! It is weird!

Well this week has been a little bit slower just because of meetings every day, but I guess that happens sometimes. Everything is all set for the Ostler's baptism this weekend. They both passed their baptismal interviews yesterday. Now We just get to wait until their family starts coming on Thursday and then the Baptism will be this Saturday! It is all coming together, and it is exciting! I have to say this will be probably one of the most exciting baptisms that I have been a part of. It is so cool to see families come together for a baptism.

The Last time that I was at a baptism where so many family members have been planning on coming was in November of 2013, it was Oscar's baptism. Now Oscar has been sealed in the temple and is raising a family. There is just something about this work, something special, something sacred, seeing families coming together to make covenants that will one day allow them, to be with each other forever. That is what this work is all about! That is why we do missionary work, that is why we do temple work, so we can share the blessings that have been extended to us in and through Jesus Christ with others. I have often reflected about that. We have something so beautiful, so glorious, and so joyous, and why would we not want to share that with others. Why would we not want others to feel of that joy and happiness. Someone asked me what the greatest joy that I have enjoyed as a missionary is, My reply is that the greatest joy of missionary work is not having hundreds of baptisms, or teaching fifty or more lessons a week. The greatest joy of being a missionary is seeing the change that takes place in someones life, as they come to accept the gospel. Seeing the change in their eyes, feeling of the love that they come to feel for Jesus Christ. The greatest joy is seeing families come together realizing that they can be together forever.

I want all of you to know that I Know that God Lives, He loves each and everyone of you. If you are reading this, know that he is aware of you and your needs. He is constantly waiting to help you! He loves you so much that he sent his only begotten son in the flesh. I know that Jesus Christ lived, He lived each and every minute of his life for each of us. He suffered, bled, and died for all of us. Most importantly He Rose on the Third day! He Lives! Because he lives, we will be able to be forgiven, and we will live again. Jesus is the Christ! He is our savior!
I Love all of you!

Elder Bangerter

I got this picture yesterday in my email inbox. I assume it's from someone in the ward Andrew is serving in. Those boys look great!  Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment