Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 89--March 30, 2015

Well, another week has come and gone and we have definitely had a great week and have seen some miracles.

Probably the biggest miracle this week happened on Wednesday and Thursday of this past week. Things really weren't going very well and we were struggling. We decided to go and to visit the Bishop. When we were talking to the Bishop he told us about a family that he was going to visit that night. They are not members of the church, but all of their family is. Bishop told us that he would let us know how it went. Well Bishop called us at 6:32 the next morning, two minutes after the alarm went off, and told us that the family not only wanted to take the missionary lessons, but they want to get baptized. It was pretty exciting! We went by to see them that day, their name is the Ostlers, and we get there Brother Ostler comes out and he says, "What took you so long, we've been waiting for you?" It was pretty funny, our reply was that we had meetings earlier that day. We taught them the restoration, and come to find out that between January and now they have read all of the Book of Mormon, all of the Doctrine and Covenants, and all of the Pearl of Great Price. It was pretty amazing. They have committed to be baptized, they are working with their family for a date, but It was definitely a miracle.

We got to go to the Temple this week, That was good as always! I realized that before my next temple trip, which will most likely be my last as a missionary, I will most likely have to renew my temple recommend. 

Last week I also got an e-mail asking for information so they can book my flight home. I can't believe I already got that e-mail. I guess I've been out here for a long time or something.

Here are some scriptures that I liked from my Scripture Study this past week. "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." (James 2: 14-18) I love this scripture because it raises the question: Are we acting on our Faith? Or are we just saying that we believe? 

I know without a doubt in my heart that Jesus Christ lives, he is our savior! He lived for us and set a perfect example for us to follow. He suffered, was beaten, and crucified for our sins and for all of us. He rose on the third day, and He Lives today!

I love you guys,

Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment