Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 86--March 9, 2015

Well another Transfer has come and gone, and I am staying in Mira Loma with Elder Warren! I'm really excited we have a lot of work going on for us right now. Hopefully we will be able to keep it up! I have to say I Love it here in Mira Loma. The people are awesome, There is such a diversity, and it is totally different than any area that I have ever been in.

This week has been great, We found quite a few new investigators. There are two Part member Families in the ward that we have started working with, that haven't been worked with before. There is the N family, and the W family. Both families reached out to us this week and asked us to start teaching them! It is awesome! Hopefully we will be able to have some success there. Other than that, we are working with Veronica still, she is still working towards baptism in April. Lyzette has been gone all week, so we haven't been able to meet with her at all. Lots of stuff fell through towards the end of the week.

I have been reading a lot in the New Testament recently, and this week I have read several of the Epistles of Paul. While I was reading I especially liked the Epistles to Timothy. Some things that Stood out to me: "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;" (1 Timothy 2:1-3) Paul Teaches us here that we should pray for all men. We should pray for our leaders whether we like them, or agree with them. I also liked this: "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, where unto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses." (1 Timothy 6:12) I love how Paul is teaching us to Fight the good fight! It also raises a question, Are we fighting the good fight? Are we doing those things that will let us lay hold on eternal life? Can we honestly say that we have professed a good profession before many witnesses? In the words of Alma "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" Are we doing those things to continue to grow our testimonies and deepen our testimonies? I hope that one day we may all be able to say the words of Paul "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" I know that I am not perfect, but I know that through the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ I can say when my days are through that I have fought a good fight, and that I have kept the faith. I love what Paul teaches Timothy in 2 Timothy, This is pretty much Paul's last words before he is martyred. I love what he teaches Timothy about the Scriptures: "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:15-17)


Well I love you Guys!

Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment