Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 44--May 19, 2014

Well I am getting Transferred to Diamond Valley in Hemet. I am splitting the ward with the ZL's (Elder McConkie & Taylor), My Companion is Elder Plotkin, and we are in car, because Elder Plotkin can't ride a bike due to some health problems. Hemet was actually the only place in the mission that I heard about before the mission, from Daniel Meehan, he said that it is a really interesting place, it is the international headquarters of the Church of Scientology, among other things.

I have kind of mixed emotions getting transferred today. I have truly come to love the people living in Hidden Springs. When I came in to Hidden Springs I wasn't too excited and I really didn't have the best attitude about the ward. I knew it was going to be hard, and I wasn't too excited to not have very much going for us. But as I served here I have seen so many miracles, one of the biggest of which happened overt the past few weeks. That was us Finding Tony and all the events that led to him getting baptized. We got referred to him 3-4 times in one week. Then as we taught him we could see him change as he embraced the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was great to see it. Then as we were teaching Tony, his friend Miguel, who speaks very little English, was listening from another room, and as one of us bore testimony it touched his hart even though he didn't understand what we said he was touched by the Holy Ghost, and was baptized 3 weeks later (last night) and he asked me to perform the Baptism. As I performed the Baptism in Spanish my heart was full of love and gratitude, and my testimony of the Spirit was strengthened because the Spirit transcends Language. I am truly grateful to have served here.
I am excited to see what Hemet has in store for me. I realized on Saturday that It was my 10 month mark, it is crazy to think in two months I will have been out for a year. Well I guess I am off to my 4th Area and my 7th Companion.
I love all of you guys,
Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment