Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 42--May 5, 2014

Well it has been a great week in Moreno Valley. It's hard to believe that I have been serving in the Moreno Valley Stake for 28 weeks. It has been a long time but at the same time it feels like it hasn't been very long at all. I don't think that I will be here much longer before I get transferred, probably in 2 weeks when transfers roll around, but we will see, I could very likely stay for another 6 weeks, and I wouldn't mind that at all. It is hard to believe that next transfer will be my 8th transfer, and that next transfer will be President Smart's last transfer, before President Mullen comes in.

Well the big exciting news this past week was that Tony got baptized! It was a great baptismal service, we had part of it in Spanish, because Tony brought a friend with him who is interested in the church who only speaks Spanish. It was very good. I did get to do the Baptismal Ordinance, which was exciting.

Some other pretty cool things happened this week, first we found a guy named Lester, while trying to visit a potential investigator. The cool thing about Lester, is when we asked him "How long have you lived in California?" he said, "Only a few months" so we asked him where he was from, to which he replied "I'm from Houston." I asked him "Where at?" he said "Houston" I then explained that I am from Houston, and I was wondering what part. It turns out that he is from the Spring/Klein area. He went to Klein Collins High School. We then taught him about the Restoration, and got a follow up appointment. It was just cool that he was from the same area that I am.

The other really interesting thing that happened, happened while we were going through the ward list. We felt like we needed to go see a specific name. We went and visited the name and it turns out that she was the mother of one of the people that Elder Rock was teaching in Lake Elsinore. Her name is Lisa, and she has a 12 year old Daughter who is not baptized. Elder Rock was teaching the daughter in Lake Elsinore, and she was about to get baptized, but her mom said no. So Interestingly enough we run into the girl and her mom, and her mom agreed to allow us to teach her at her home, so she can know for sure that this is what her daughter wants to do.


This week was full of Miracles,

Sorry for no pictures, My camera is dead so it is charging before I can upload the pictures.

Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment