Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 101--June 22, 2015

Goodness sakes! There's only a week left in June! I can't believe how time seems to fly away.

Well If I had to sum up this week in a word it would be Frustrating! Our Investigators have all been flaking out on us, people won't respond when we try to talk to them on the street, nobody is home, and every other excuse that I can think of. It makes me sad. Not really angry but sad that they don't understand the importance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We do all that we can to teach them so plainly that the Spirit can testify to their hearts of the importance of the gospel, but they still don't always understand. It breaks my heart. It breaks my heart because I have come to feel of the love that Jesus Christ has for each and every one of his children, and to see them blow that love off breaks my heart. If only they knew how much we think about them, if only they knew how much we pray for them. I can't help but wonder if this is how Alma felt when he went to Ammonihah and was cast out of the city, or how the Sons of Mosiah felt when "their hearts were depressed." Ironically I have read both of those stories this week, and good things always seem to come. In both instances the Lord comforts them and tells them to go back and labor with all diligence, and he would bless them with success. Alma found Amulek, Ammon found King Lamoni! If there is one thing that I know it is that Miracles happen. Miracles are going to happen for Elder Luedke and I this week. We are going to see the blessings come from our Hard work. This is the Lord's work, we will do whatever we need to do to accomplish the work he has set before us.

Well this week was another last for me, It was my Last time visiting the Redlands Temple as a missionary. It is always great to get to go to the temple. The Redlands Temple will always hold a special place in my heart for the experiences that I have had there.

Well I love you guys,

Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment