Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 54--July 28, 2014

Well this sure has been an interesting week to say the least.

Unfortunately we really haven't been able to get in contact with Ted or Jordyn this week but we have been able to do a lot of service, and we have had some really good experiences talking to people on the street. One really cool experience with talking to people on the street that I had this week was talking to a guy as we came out of Wal-Mart. We came out and I started talking to him and asking him if I could give him any help (he only had one arm) he said no, and then I asked him if he had ever talked to missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He replied that he had but that he was a born-again Christian and wasn't really interested, I then asked him if he and ever just wondered what makes us different from everyone else, or why we do what we do as missionaries. He replied that no he hadn't, so I began to explain to him why and taught the message of the restoration to him, after he heard the account of the First Vision he began to cry, and said "If only I could know that that really happened." I told him that he could and that the Lord has given us a way to know if it is true, and it is through the Book of Mormon, and reading it and praying to know if it is true, I explained what it was and how it has blessed me in my life and bore testimony of the truth of it. I pulled out a copy and gave it to him, and he couldn't believe that I was just giving them away, he gladly accepted it. Unfortunately he doesn't live in my area, so I forwarded his info to the missionaries that cover where he lives. 

The really cool experience we had doing service: On Wednesday a Lady who used to live in our ward
and is a Part-Member family called us and asked if we could help her move some stuff from one storage unit to another. We agreed to do so. We had a great experience getting to know her mom who is not a member, and invited her to take the missionary lessons from Spanish missionaries, and she accepted. Then her Daughter who is the member pulled out this case from the storage unit and gave it to me and said she wanted me to have it, It was a brand new Violin, she bought it several years ago, and had never played it and it was just sitting there, one of the strings broke when she first got it. I told her that I couldn't ever accept a gift like that. She insisted on giving it to me, so now I have a brand new Violin, I don't even know how to play Violin. I am not sure what to do with it, but I guess I'll have to figure something out.

We get to go to the temple tomorrow and I am so excited!

I love Y'all

Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment