Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 12--October 7, 2013

I can't believe that in 10 days I will have been out on my mission for 3 months, to me that is crazy. There is a saying from the MTC that really helps explain the paradox of time while serving a mission, "The days feel like weeks, and the weeks feel like days!" It is so true though, time flies by like it is nothing.

It has been a great week this week capped off by an amazing general conference. The spirit was very present through every message. When President Monson spoke on Sunday morning I almost started crying when he was talking about his wife, and also later because of the spirit that was present during his message. The spirit truly did manifest and confirm to me that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God. I have absolutely no doubts in my mind that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's chuch restored on the earth today. I was so very impressed by every single message, I could take something from every one of them and apply it to me. 
We had a special stake meeting called by our stake presidency 2 hours after general conference was finished yesterday, for the whole stake. It was truly amazing, with the stake splitting two weeks ago, to see the concentration of the new stake presidency in a new stake. As the meeting started, it was called the Inaugural meeting of the Lake Elsinore stake (We were previously in the Menifee stake), President Wilson called all the Youth age 15-18 to come sit in the choir chairs on the stand and he said that through General Conference we have seen that as the Morals and Standards of the World spiral downward, the Faith and Valiance of the youth spiral upward. In President Wilson's words "the mission age has been lowered again, the age for all members of the church especially this stake the mission age is what ever age you are." The stake presidency has set the focus of the stake to be on missionary work, the goal is for every family to bring someone who is Less Active in the church back to church, and to baptize one person. I am so glad that I have to serve in Lake Elsinore Right now, our stake presidency is pushing missionary work, our bishop and ward council have been pushing missionary work, It is truly Amazing. President Wilson was talking to one of the general authorities about why the brethren are pushing missionary work right now and the general authority told him that the lord is trying to save as many of his children as he can before the world becomes too corrupt.

I am so glad to be serving here right now, we have 2 people very solidly on date for baptism at the end of this month, and we have picked up 12 new investigators over the past few weeks. I hope that I get to stay in Lake Elsinore for longer than the Two weeks that are left in the transfer, because I want to see these baptism's through and see the miracles that the lord is continuing to bring in to Lake Elsinore right now. But I get the feeling that a week from Saturday I will be getting a call either from President Smart, or my Zone Leaders that I will be transferring out of Lake Elsinore. I'll go where the Lord wants me to go and where he needs me.

I hope that all is well with everyone, I enjoy the mail and packages that everyone is sending me.

Elder Bangerter
Those interesting in watching or reading messages from General Conference can access them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment