Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 5--August 19, 2013

Hey everybody!

It's been another crazy week! But this past week went by really fast. 

Tuesday, During my personal study I was studying a lot about the parable of the workers in the Lord's vineyard, so I would read the parable a couple times, then I would ponder it, then I would read what it says about the parable in Jesus the Christ. While I was reading some things really stuck out to me, first the Lord is always looking for servants and people to work in his vineyard, he doesn't care how long you've been there, he just cares that you served him at the end of the day.  Second, If we serve the Lord because we want the blessings, he will give you those blessings and nothing more, Whereas if we serve the Lord with faith that he will provide for you, he will bless us with every blessing that we need. Finally, I feel really impressed that we need to serve the Lord because we love him, Not just to be obedient, or for the blessings, We need to serve the Lord because we love him. I feel that as Elder Holland said, there will come a time when we will come face to face with Christ, and he will ask us "Did you Love me?" and I personally want to be able to say "Yea Lord, Thou knowest that I love thee." 
We had our district meeting later that day and I had to role play with one of the other Elders, and after the role play, one of our zone leader's (Elder Albright) said "You know everyone has there greatest strengths and weaknesses and I really feel that Elder Bangerter's greatest strength is the love that he exhibits towards everyone. You can see it in his eyes, and hear it in his voice." 

Wednesday, I was on splits in Temescal Canyon, I got to meet some more amazing people it was awesome. I spent the day with Elder Bushman, and we both being greenies fresh out of the MTC we gave 3 blessings on Wednesday.

Thursday, We got to go to the Temple, and a few weeks ago they released a new endowment video, so we got to see that. It was incredible, there is added emotion that definitely helps me personally learn a lot more. I would encourage all of you guys to go see it as it is amazing.

Lessons with our investigators are going great, incredible in fact, but we did have to push the dates for the baptisms for all of our investigators back a little bit for logistical reasons and because two of them were sick, and they have to be at church 3 times before they can be baptized. We do have 2 more people on date for baptism though so we had to sacrifice a little time but we should have 5 baptisms the first two weeks in September. 

I hope all is well with everyone,

Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment