Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 4--August 12, 2013

Hey Everybody!

It has been another great and crazy week. We have been biking between 20-45 miles everyday, that alone is very tiring. Since coming out I have put on 5 pounds, but it looks like I have actually lost some weight since leaving the MTC. I'm so glad to hear from everybody, it is awesome.

I am growing to love it more here everyday, the people are amazing, and it is so beautiful here. We have had a lot of great lessons and we currently are getting the most Member present lessons in the whole zone averaging 12 a week! We still have Three investigators on date for baptism for this month, and all of them are excited and progressing very well towards baptism.

Of our dinner appointments 5 of them canceled last week, someone fed us every day but it's a little frustrating when the original appointments cancel. We ended up having In-N-Out 3 times this past week. But we're surviving pretty well ;)

I have been reading a lot from Our Search for Happiness by M. Russell Ballard a lot lately, and it is an absolutely incredible book and resource. The book is very much directed at non members but it gives amazing insight on almost every lesson we teach as missionaries. I have also been studying a lot of Christs Parables, especially the parable of the laborers in the lord's vineyard, so I'll read the parable through a couple times, and then ponder what I think that the Savior is trying to teach, and then I'll go and study the parable again through Jesus the Christ. It is absolutely incredible the insights that I have received.

It has been a crazy week I hope everybody is doing well


Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment