Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 104--July 13, 2015

ANDREW WILL BE HOME TOMORROW!!!

I can't believe that the time is already here. Two years really are short especially in the service of our Heavenly Father. As I have reflected a lot the past few days, I have thought of the things I have learned as a missionary, and the things I have come to know. I have reflected a lot and there are so many things that I have learned.

I have learned that Miracles happen every single day. It doesn't matter who you are, or who you were, if we look for Miracles we will find them. Please everyone Believe in Miracles, Pray for Miracles, and Expect Miracles, because as long as we are living worthily they will come.

I have come to know on a very personal level the Love that our Heavenly Father has for us. He knows each and every one of us, he knows you personally, he knows your struggles, he feels your pains, he rejoices in your triumphs. He knows you, and Loves you perfectly. He wants all of us to have the joy that he has. I know that his Love is real, I pray that everyone comes to know and to feel of his love.

I have loved the Parable of Laborers in the Lord's Vineyard for a long time, and on my mission I have been taught many truths from this Parable. The one perhaps that has stuck with me the most was what it meant to me right before my mission, when I first learned the parable. "For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise. And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle? They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive. So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny. And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house, Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day. But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee. Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good. So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen." I love this parable because it taught me that no matter who you are, where you have been, or what you have done, Jesus Christ stands there waiting for us. He invites all men to come unto him. The world would have us take people out of the slums, but Jesus Christ takes the slums out of the people, and they get themselves out. It is never too late to come unto Christ.He invites all men everywhere to come unto him and to partake of the tree of life. If you don't believe me study the words of Christ, because they will teach you the truth of all things! I have seen people from 9 years old to 89 years old come unto the Savior. The only way that we can do that is by being Baptized by someone who holds the Priesthood Authority to do so. Baptism is the gate and after we enter in, we need to Endure to the End with perfect Faith in Christ, Repenting daily, and doing our best to Keep the Commandments. If I could have a wish it would be that everybody entered into that path.

Perhaps the one thing that I learned and have come to know, that is the most important is that Jesus Christ lives. He lived every single day of his life as a perfect example for us. He lived for us, and then he Suffered every one of our pains, every one of our sicknesses, every one of our infirmities. He suffered for all of our sins, and he suffered agony for all of us. It is my testimony that he actually did that for us. He suffered, he bled, and he died for each of us. But Just as surely as he died for us, He rose from the dead! He Lives! I know that He does! There is no doubt in me that He Lives. It is my prayer that everyone in this wonderful world comes to know of that Truth. I testify to you all and to the whole world that Jesus is the Christ! He is our Savior. That is my Testimony.


I love you all,

Elder Andrew Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment