Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 58--August 25, 2014

Well here we are again, time just keeps flying by. I can't belive I have been out for 13 months! I feel like I was just in the MTC, and now there are Missionaries coming out into the field that graduated the year after I did. Wow.
 
This week has been a lot of fun, and a very good week! For one, we had a baptism yesterday, and it went great! Our investigator Hafid got baptized, I didn't really teach him very much except for the last lessons, but it was awesome to see Hafid get baptized. It truly is one of the greatest feelings as a missionary to see someone you have been working with become converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The coolest thing about the Baptism was that it was all about this family, because not only did Hafid get baptized but so did his Aunt, and as far as I know they were the only members of the family who are not baptized, so now the family can continue to progress, and will hopefully be sealed in the temple! It very much strengthened my testimony of the reality of families being able to be sealed for time and all eternity.
 
This up comming weekend we have another baptism, for a Young woman named Bri. Bri was referred to us by a member. She had some really close friends in High School, and all of them were members, or have since become members of the church. She is so awesome and we are so excited to see her get baptized this weekend!
 
Another really awesome experience that we had was with our new investigator named Karen. Karen is in her 70-80's and she basically referred herself to us through her friend who is a member of the ward. She has been around the church non-stop since she was 16 years old, when she was dating a member of the church. She said that she has been around it for so long and was just going around on the outskirts, but now she wants to see if the church is the reason the Lord is keeping her on the earth. We had a first lesson with her last saturday, and talked about the restoration and the Book of Mormon. Well she called us a few days later and told us that she had read, and she kept reading, and has read a lot of the Book of Mormon now. We met with her this past saturday and Followed up with her, and we asked her if she believes the Book of Mormon is true, she said "yup." We then asked her if she believes that Joseph Smith was a Prophet, she replied "yup." Finally we asked her the big question, and that is if she was willing to be baptized, and she said "Of course I am willing to be Baptized." We then talked to her about Priesthood authority, and her reply was that it is obvious that the Church holds the priesthood, and that no other church even comes close. It made Elder Schoonmaker and I laugh, because of how much the Lord has been preparing her. I have never met someone so prepared to recieve the gospel, it amazes me. Then to add to all of this she comes to Church and introduces herself to the Bishop, and to the Relief Society the same way, "Hi, I'm Karen, and I am getting Baptized on September 21st." Bishop almost fell over because he was so astounded and extatic. She truly is an amazing lady! I am so excited to work with her.
 
Well I guess that's it for now
 
I love Y'all
 
Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment