Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Week 18--November 18, 2013

Sorry I'm late in putting this post up!  sharon

Family and Friends,

It has been another great week this week, we have seen a lot of miracles, and a lot of not-so-miracles. Elder McConkie and I didn't have a baptism this weekend, but that's okay I was going to have a baptism in Lake Elsinore this weekend, so we work out a ride for me to Lake Elsinore, and a team up for Elder McConkie, and we get to Lake Elsinore to the Church and there is a Youth Committee meeting in the Relief Society Room and I am thinking "what the heck there is supposed to be a baptism tonight," so I call Elder Reed and Elder Albright, and they don't answer. So a Sister at the church calls Elder Randall and the Wildomar Missionaries, and Elder Randall tries to get a hold of them and they don't answer. So I'm in Lake Elsinore and I have no idea what's going on, and Elder Reed and Albright don't answer their phone, so I asked Brother M to go to the member's house, because if there's anywhere in Lake Elsinore that the missionaries would be it's there (they live there), and the member's are the fellowshippers for the family getting baptized, so even if the missionaries weren't there they would know what was going on. So I get to the House and all the cars are there including the missionaries, so I knock on the door, enter the code to unlock the door and Sister P sees me and starts to say Yay, and I cut her off and say SHHH. I then go up the stairs and go into the Elder's room and I say "So how about that Baptism?" They turn around and go so red, and tell me that the Chen's canceled on the baptism the night before and they forgot to call. Apparently Brother Chen and Trisha (the daughter) got in an argument about whether or not she was ready to be baptized (Sister Chen was the one supposed to get baptized that day, and Trisha who is the 14 year old daughter wanted to be baptized), and Brother Chen ended up getting Drunk and calling off the Baptism for the next day. Not-so-miracle

But we did experience many Miracles with my district leader as my companion I get to see the ups and downs for all the Sisters in our district, One set of sisters had been working very hard with a lady for months, and all of a sudden she calls the sisters up and says I want to be baptized. Miracle

Elder McConkie and I found a girl who was looking for us and now she is on date for baptism in December, Miracle
We have had 5 new investigators and all but one are on date, Miracle 
And Many more miracles that I can't write for lack of time.

I hope everyone is good

Elder Bangerter
He also included a picture, but we don't know who it's of so I'll wait until we have the details before I share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment