Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 17--November 11, 2013

Family and Friends,

It has been a crazy week again. 
The biggest thing this week was that Oscar got Baptized!! It was an amazing Baptismal service and it was one of the most spiritual that I have ever been to. 
Oscar is a great guy and it was a miracle to see him get baptized. Some background information about Oscar, He was introduced to the church by his girlfriend who is a return missionary, He had been taught for almost 6 months and had been dropped by the missionaries 3 times and then picked up again after a while. Right before I came in to the area, Elder McConkie and Elder Hill Picked him up again. Oscar had been a pretty bad basher before he was picked up again, but I was able to come in and helped him resolve his concerns through the Book of Mormon. He was Baptized 3 weeks later. It was amazing to see his heart change and to see him come unto Christ. 
At his baptism there was a lot of opposition but the spirit was so strong at the baptism, and we were kind of scared that he was only getting baptized for his Girlfriend, but he bore his testimony and said "I got Baptized to pursue God" The spirit hit me so hard and I knew he was Converted to the Gospel. It was an incredible experience.

Well in other News Elder McConkie and I got the Standard of Excellence again for the mission, making it two out of three weeks this transfer that we have gotten it.

I hope everyone is doing well

Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment