Wednesday, July 17, 2013

MTC--July 17, 2013

Andrew entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah, this afternoon.

It was hard for his dad and I not to be there with him but, since they basically make you drop them off at the curb, we figured it wasn't worth it for either of us to travel out there with him.  Steve had used up most of his vacation days earlier this summer going to High Adventure with Andrew and scout camp with Cody.  I still have classes and homework to do.  :-(

Luckily we have family in Utah and my oldest brother volunteered to house him overnight and take him down to Provo today.  That certainly took a load off my mind!

It was weird sending him off on the airplane yesterday knowing that I wouldn't be getting the, "We're starting to board" or "I've arrived" texts like i got when he went to Wyoming two weeks ago.  I'm sure he had a tough time during his 2+ hour layover in Denver with no phone to play on, too!

 Jay was "helping" Andrew check his luggage.


He called us when my brother picked him up at the Salt Lake airport.  It happened to be right before we walked out the door to head downtown to see Wicked.  That was a great way to take our minds off our 18 year old being so far away.


Here's a picture of my Brother, Sister-in-law and nephew with Andrew as they were dropping him off.  He looks so happy!  I'm so excited for him.
 



Give 'em heaven, Andrew!  ;-)
(name that movie! We watched it the Sunday before he left.)

No comments:

Post a Comment